Monday, July 30, 2007
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Then Cade decided to watch the rain through the door again. Wait, did I say "watch" the rain? I meant LICK the rain through the screen door. Gross. I couldn't get him to stop so I just let him...and took a picture. (Am I a blogging mom or what?!)
After the Buchanans left Cade and Myla played in the rain for a little while longer. Cade was jumping and dancing. Myla was watching him with a huge smile on her face. To her, Cade is just the coolest kid ever! We hope the rain sticks around for a while longer. Although it gets pretty sticky during the day, having the scent of rain always in the air is so worth it!
Monday, July 23, 2007
Sunday, July 22, 2007
This is the best picture we could get of us with our daughters. They were a little squirmy after all the present opening and playing.
Myla and Amineh eating birthday cake.
Amineh was so cute eating her birthday cake.
To continue the Harry Potter theme we made butterbeer for dessert (also mentioned in HP). We looked up the recipe on the internet and decided to try it out. So we bought the ingredients (see above) and had a go.
It looked pretty, but was so sweet and weird tasting that we decided one mug was plenty for us. I'm not even going to waste your time with the recipe. It ain't worth it folks.
Then we played Harry Potter Scene It where Kevin effectively kicked my butt every single time. Anyone who knows Kevin isn't surprised by this. The guy has a freakin' photographic memory. But it was fun.
Myla loves her Daddy. Kevin layed down for a moment when he came home from work and Myla decided to cuddle with him in whatever way she could.
This is my mom with Cade. Cade calls her "Mama Kitty Go Night-Night." He associates his grandparents with their pets. He loves MKGNN. Hey, that's a long name to write out every time, so I abbreviated.
Bradley (James and Jamie's son) and Myla giving kisses. They are about 3 months apart in age and love to give kisses! Cade and Myla love to play with Kevin. Myla recently discovered one of Cade's toy light sabers (we keep the real light sabers in the closet in case we have an intruder -- hee hee).
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Mingle2 - Online Dating
Whatever that means...I'm thinking it can't be good! :)
Friday, July 13, 2007
He kept hugging it. It was so cute!
After the initial, "Wow, a choo choo train!!" he quickly climbed down from the table, assembled a short train track and arranged all of his trains. His new black train is at the head of the train officially replacing Thomas (gasp!).
Thank you Aiden, Aunt Aubs, Uncle Ryan and Oliver for making Cade's day (and Kev's and Chris's too!).
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Monday, July 9, 2007
Jared: 10 months, Cade: 7 months
Jared: 1 year, Cade 10 months
We are lucky to have so many wonderful cousins in our family!!
Friday, July 6, 2007
4 Jobs I've held:
1. Burger King girl
2. Pizza maker at Golfland
3. YMCA camp counselor
4 Places to go for a weekend getaway:
4. Utah (as you can see we are big travellers)
Movies I Can Watch Over & Over:
1. Notting Hill
2. Top Gun
3. Harry Potter (any of them)
4. Clueless (c'mon, you know you love it...)
My Guilty Pleasures:
1. Baking cookies just to eat the cookie dough
2. Apron Night
3. Shopping for kids clothes (especially little girl clothes)
Places I Have Lived:
1. Flagstaff, AZ
2. Key West, FL
3. Ft. Lauderdale, FL
4. Mesa, AZ
What were most likely the first things you thought of when you saw your significant other for the first time?
1. "Oh, our new district leader. I better introduce myself."
2. "Okay, he's pretty quiet."
3. "I like his freckles."
4. I was a missionary. Really I didn't think anything too interesting. I had no idea he would be "the one."
Places I have Been on Vacation:
1. Cozumel, Mexico
1. Mexican (I'm craving some restaurant chips and salsa right now.)
3. Avocado (on crackers, in soups, on sandwiches, by itself, in guacamole - anyway you slice it
If in a "jam" with your spouse, what tactics do you use to get out of the doghouse?
1. Put on my sweet voice and try to reason
2. Give him space...then jump on his lap and try to make him smile
3. Really give him space
4. Give in and apologize for the stupid thing I said or did
Websites I visit (almost daily)
Best 1st kisses landmarks.
1. Our first kiss was at the park on Harris and Southern. Hallowed ground :)
Places I'd Rather Be right now
2. Anywhere cooler than here
4. Temple (I like that Rachel)
Ok, I tag Kerry, Aubrey, Jamie and Nicki (all the sistas!)
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Beka Pickett & Landon (Did I get the right twin?!)
Myla was kissing on Ty Blake the whole night. Being one of the only girls that age, she sure has her pick of the handsome little men...Braden and Landon and Ty.
Daddy is oh so much fun!
Stacey Reed & her cutie son Jace--they are probably watching the killer game of volleyball going on.
Heath Reed, Danny Pickett, and Kevin playing water volleyball--all the wives sitting on the edge of the pool "magically" seemed to get pretty wet with the hubbies playing volleyball.
My sweet Cade. He was a little more comfortable with the water. He especially like to jump in.
Monday, July 2, 2007
- Don't forget to bring an ample supply of headache medicine - you will invariably need it.
- Driving during the day is no better than driving at night when you are travelling with toddlers.
- Even if your toddlers are well mannered in their car seats, don't forget to occasionally change their diapers - ewww... icky.
- When travelling with sinus pressure, elevation changes involve a lot more than just popping your ears - you'll want to "pop" your whole head.
- Air mattresses are not the quietest of things - they WILL wake up anyone else in the room when you roll into bed.
- Twin sized blankets do not substitute for Queen sized.
- Apply sunscreen evenly.
- Even if you have never sunburnt in a certain spot, never understimate the sun's ability to get you there this time - see #7.
- A sinus infection can ruin fun fast.
- So can chest congestion.
- So can a sprained knee.
- When riding a water weenie (the 5 person inflatable pulled behind a boat), make sure everyone has their swimsuit drawstrings tied securely.
- Never go to a musical with another man, even if he is your brother.
- "My Fair Lady" is not a good substitute for "Rambo" on a guy's night out.
- Talking in a british accent can become annoying to those around you, even if it is jolly good fun.
- Just for good measure, read #7 again.
- When playing "Chinese Firedrill" in the dark, avoid cattle guards - they are suprisingly effective on people too.
- Band-aid's of all sizes are essential when on vacation.
- It never hurts to have trained medical professional in the family.
- Never underestimate your ability to enjoy so many things going "wrong" when you have your family there to help you through it, and help you laugh at it.
Thank you McMillan clan for the awesome vacation! It was a blast!