It's 11:00 on a Saturday night. My kids and hubby are snoring away in their beds. I'm listening to some Brandi Carlile while catching up on my favorite blogs and enjoying the breeze through my window. Down time. Nice. I haven't done one of these in a while and saw it on this blog. Remember when tagging was all the rage in blogging? Anyway, I like these questions. They go beyond "Who did you talk to last on the phone?" and "Chocolate or vanilla?" So feel free to play along. Or not. We are pretty laid back around here. :)
1. When do you feel happiest? When my life is balanced. As much as it can be balanced.
2. How do you take care of yourself? As most adults know, when you have limited time, limited money, many responsibilities and precious little people depending on you, you have to pick and choose the best way to take care of yourself. I choose to buy fabric. It's that simple for me right now. Why? I love the process of finding fabric. I love the colors, the smells, the textures, the patterns. I love combining fabrics for a unique look. I love deciding what I want to create from the fabric. And when I buy fabric it's mine and only mine. No one else cares about the fabric I choose but me.
3. Are you internally (by yourself) or externally (by others) motivated? A little of both. I prefer to think that I'm inspired by others' successes and ideas. But the older I get the more I am internally motivated. I think that comes from knowing more what I want to accomplish in life and knowing what things don't fit into my ideals.
4. What do you do for fun? House cleaning. Just kidding! Have you seen my house lately?
I love fun. Isn't fun, fun? What movie is that from? Anyway, there are different kinds of fun. I'll break it down for you:
Kid fun: playing in the water, tickle time, looking through old pictures, dancing to Mamma Mia
Kevin fun: Talking. (These days we are lucky if we even get to have one conversation during the day, but I do love talking to Kevin.) Playing Super Mario Brothers on Wii together.
Girl fun: sewing nights, midnight showings, talking
Me fun: listening to music, reading, fabric shopping, sewing, vegging in front of the TV
5. What intimidates you? Supermoms. I will never be one. I'm not really going for the Supermom title, but sometimes I wonder what I'm missing. What is it about me that can't keep it all together? I'm not looking for any psychological advice. I'm not really worried about it.
6. What is something you're proud of? My family. My heritage. I'm proud of my wonderful, hardworking, talented grandparents who passed down their wisdom, their faith and their beautiful qualities. I'm proud of lovely parents. I would not be who I am without them...all of them. I'm proud of my brothers and sister and the lives they have created (with the amazing people they married) for themselves and their families. I'm so proud of my husband and the good man that he is. He is hardworking and kind and tries so hard to do the right thing. He has taught me so much. I am so proud of my beautiful children. I'd like to take credit for the amazing little people they are. But I can't. They are the way they are.
7. Finish this sentence. I never make my bed. I don't. There, my dirty little secret is out.
8. Favorite vacation spot. California. Hopefully someday we'll be able to expand our travels to experience more of the world than the southwest.
9. Today is a (rate from 1 - 10). To be honest, I'd rate it a 4. I'm glad it's over. I won't bore you with the details. :)
10. Finish this sentence. If you knew me really well you'd know that I'm a worrier. I'll probably have an ulcer in a couple of years. If Kevin is home 15 minutes late I've already got his funeral planned. If one of my kids cries for an unknown reason I'm convinced they have some crazy disease. I'll analyze a conversation I've had with a friend over and over again to make sure I didn't say anything offensive. I worry about the future. I worry about the past. I worry. It's annoying. I wish I didn't worry as much.
So there you go. This is my fun on a Saturday night. I was hoping to cuddle up with Kevin and watch Avatar. But since he hasn't slept for 28 hours I'm thinking sleep is more important that watching a bunch of blue people run around a jungle. On a side note about Avatar, have you heard that there is a hotline for people who are depressed that they can't live on Pandora? There's a hotline for everything these days. I need a hotline for people who can't figure out how to get their almost two year old to sleep through the night. And on that note, the Gavman needs his mom. Good night!
1 day ago