CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Digital Scrapbooking

I recently discovered digital scrapbooking and I have to admit that I think I've become addicted. I have a ton of scrapbooking stuff. In fact, a couple of months ago I decided I need an 8 ft table set up in my bedroom so I could do my scrapbooking. So between our computers and my scrapbook stuff, our bedroom is basically just an office with a bed in the middle of it. This will soon be changing!! Anyway, I haven't scrapbooked since Cade was 6 months old, so I've got tons of pics and tons of supplies, and no motivation! That is, until I discovered digital scrapbooking. I've gotten 6 pages done today alone! It's so much faster and I'm suddenly bursting with creativity. And getting results. This was my very first digital scrapbook page, done in Photoshop:

Basically I started with the aqua dotted paper and added the flowers and other embellishments. I was alot easier than I thought it'd be. It was good to be able to add something, and if I didn't like it I could trash it. It was fun to do the color on the black and white. At first I was intimidated by Photoshop, but there are so many tutorials online. When I saw the tutorial for this I just picked a pic and went for it. The best part is that there is no clean up, no small pieces for Myla to find and put in her mouth, no scissors for Cade to get ahold of, no mess hanging around. I love it! So when I finish my layouts I can get them printed in a hardbound book for a good price at Shutterfly. All in all, it's cheaper, cleaner, and in my opinion, funner (who said "funner" isn't a word?).

Anyway, I just thought I'd share my excitement about it. If you are interested, one of my favorite websites that has tons of tutorials and free supplies is Shabby Princess.

1 comments:

Jill Manning

My sister is a master as digital scrapbooking, she actually has her own digital scrapbooking business but for some reason I have never asked how she does it...it seems so intimidating. So thanks for posting the websites, I really want to get into it. Your page looks so sweet, good job!