CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 21, 2009

Our First Garden


We decided to stop using the excuse that we live in a townhouse to not grow a garden. Kevin and my dad built us a beautiful grow box and we finished planting our seeds today. We planted lettuce, brocolli, carrots, basil, cilantro, garlic, onions and spinach. As I was planting the seeds I talked to them a little, encouraging them to grow. It's something my mom would do. We'll see if they are obedient. I'm so excited! Hopefully we'll have some fresh veggies this fall!

4 comments:

Jenna

Maybe that's why everything I plant dies, I need to start sweet talking them!

Beka

LOVE to see that space with a garden in it! Remember last year? We had some flowers in it for about a week:)?? Hope it grows good for you! I'm jealous, we have a yard and still no garden...one day!

The MacMizzles

The sweet talking works...:)

Jessie Lewis

Maybe next year we'll attempt a garden, now we have a model to follow