CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Vanilla Peach Syrup

A couple of weeks ago friend of mine gave me a bunch of peaches off her peach tree. They were pretty fuzzy, so the kids wouldn't eat them (I know! Picky little boogers). Trying to figure out what to do with the peaches before they rotted I found this fabulous recipe for Vanilla Peach Syrup. And when I say fabulous I really mean it! Try it out:

Vanilla Peach Syrup
5 cups peach puree (peel and puree in blender)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla
Combine the peach puree, sugar and lemon juice in a pot. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes (it will come to a boil pretty fast). Then add the vanilla. Stir and serve! If you are like me and don't like your syrup so sweet only add one cup of sugar.


We use it on our waffles and pancakes. I've tried it on vanilla ice cream and it's delicious. Poor Kevin is probably getting sick of peach syrup and waffles for breakfast and dinner a couple of times a week, but I can't seem to get enough of it and the kids will actually eat all of their food. Peaches are a great price right now too (for those in AZ they are $0.39/lb at Sprouts this week).

10 comments:

Jamie W.

Yummy I am going to have to try this.

Nikki

Yummy, sounds so good.

Yeah your little guy sleeping thru the night. That is soooo nice.

I also love the pic. of Phelps after that relay. We have been enjoying the swimming. I also love the gymnastics. We are taping them so we can fast forward thru all the commercials. Love DVR

Heather Bower

Thanks I'll try it out, you know me Mrs. Pampered Chef I always like a good recipe. :-)

The Blakes

Mmmmm. Don't be surprised if I'm camped out on your doorstep tomorrow morning waiting for waffles and syrup. :)

Wow that recipe must have been a good one, I'm going to have to try it!

Stacey

that sounds sooooo yummy! Hmm....wonder where I can get some good fresh free peaches in CO? We miss you. Oh, I finished BD. We should talk :)

Stacey

that sounds sooooo yummy! Hmm....wonder where I can get some good fresh free peaches in CO? We miss you. Oh, I finished BD. We should talk :)

The Weights

That sounds delish!! I am going to give it a try! Does it keep, or do you have to use it immediately?

QC mom of 3

My question too, can you keep it and how do you have to store it? Sound awesome and I just got a box of peaches for a fundraiser...thanks!!

Christie

This will last a couple of weeks in the fridge. But I've also canned it and it lasts at least a year. :)