CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

I'm NOT an organizing junkie...but aspire to be

I know, this is probably not news to most of you...especially those that have lived with me at one time or another. Do you ever have that feeling that you are flying by the seat of your pants? You are rushing around trying to put out fires? You react, instead of act? Sometimes I do. Lately it seems like my day begins and ends that way...always in a rush. Always moving on to the next thing. Never ahead of the game. Playing catch-up. And that is when life feels so overwhelming me. I can never get ahead. I watch other moms and how they just seem to have it together. I think I've figured out the difference between them and me: they are organized! I need to get more organized. But where to start? Well, in my search for advice I found an article called Managing Your Household that I found on the Executive Homemaker site. It described me perfectly! I'm taking a lot of what she says to heart. I've thought about my priorities and goals and discussed them with Kevin. I have created a schedule for myself. Because I have fun doing it, I designed this daily job chart for me so I know what I'll be working on everyday. Then it won't be so overwhelming and I won't feel like a failure if I don't get the entire house cleaned everyday. And I'm working on a chore chart for the kids. They are at that age where they can take on some responsibilities around the house.



I feel so much better having a plan!

2 comments:

Jamie W.

Love it!! I am totally one of those moms that does NOT have it together. I got my kids down with their chore chart (I LOVE) they actually get right to work after school and get everything done before bedtime.

This is funny because I actually made me an excerise chart Ex. I have to do 100 squats, a certain workout video and 30 min. on the elliptical before I go to bed LOL. It's worked well but I've been thinking I need one to do now for chores! Great IDEA.

KA

Um, you can get by with only one laundry day a week? I remember when I used to do that...I want to be organized, too, but there are some days when I am just too crazy and I need some slacker time.