CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

I've got a case of PCD


Post Christmas Depression, that is. Do you ever get it? It's kind of crazy, after all our family left and most of the holiday decor was put away, a wave a sadness hit me. Where did Christmas go this year?? I feel like I barely got to enjoy it. With all the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season -- ward parties, family parties, shopping, school events, baking, trips to the ER and winter illnesses, along with normal living, it was just insane. I didn't take one picture on Christmas day. Not one. I was just too exhausted and overwhelmed to even think about the camera. In fact, after all the presents were opened and grandparents visited, we trudged home and crashed on the couch and watched movies. It was so nice to just do nothing.

And then the whole family got sick and the PCD set in. I don't know. I know this is kind of a depressing post, but it does inspire me to do some things different for next year, so it's not SO busy that we just get overwhelmed and really lose the true meaning of Christmas. I love Christmas and busyness of it. That's what makes it special, cramming in so many activities and spending extra time with loved ones and friends and baking and shopping. I love that stuff. So what was different this year?? I'll have to think about that.

On a brighter note, we had an awesome New Years Eve. My mom came over and we watched movies and played Rock Band. Then, around 11pm, Kevin's family rolled into town. Ron, Lynn, Aubrey, Aiden and Oliver spent the weekend here and we had a blast. We went to the movies, played at Jump and Shout, rode our scooters, and ate yummy food. We are so glad they came to visit.

2 comments:

Julia M.

I TOTALLY get that, and had it pretty bad this year, too. I feel like all the world should be different after Christmas, but we go on just the same: same grudges, same music, same complaints. Why can't I do more and become better?

Hooray for the family visit, though! What could be better than that?!

baby boutique

Most of us would like to become better and better each year. The last Christmas gave me some reason to improve myself and be good in everything that I'll do. Don't worry on what you've felt last year because it only reminds you to be more inspired in the next years to come.