Thursday, November 27, 2008
They are both saying "turkey!" in this picture. :) What they did was tell Grandma or Aunt Jamie what they were thankful for and then Grandma or Jamie wrote it on a feather and then the kids glued it on and colored the turkey. I love the heart they glued on too. The kids loved it and are very proud of their turkeys. If you look closely on one of Myla's turkey feathers it says, "Aunt Jamie." I love that. We all gave Jamie a hard time because she was the one who wrote on Myla's feathers. But Jamie asked her what she was thankful for and she pointed to Jamie and said "you." Myla does love her Aunt Jamie.
After dinner we headed over to my Grandma Medlin's house for some pie with my mom and aunts, uncles and cousins. Cade really, really, really enjoyed his chocolate pie. He even asked for seconds, which is really weird for Cade. And is was some stinkin' rich chocolate pie. The kids played in the dirt making mudpies while the adults watched and chatted about whether or not we were going shopping on black Friday. We are, just in case you were wondering. :)
Then we came home, took baths and played around. It was a very nice, relaxing day. And now...
Let the Christmas season officially begin!!
Friday, November 21, 2008
She also loves the new hats Aunt Aubs sent and wouldn't let me take it off of her. I woke her up when I took all the toys off and tried to take the hat off but she started crying so I left it on. Those flowers are a craft project from Cade's preschool last year. I guess she really likes it. :)
8 shows I love to watch:
1. What Not to Wear
3. The Big Bang Theory
4. Law and Order: CI
5. Whatever, Martha
6. Dora the Explorer (I put this here because I love it when my kids watch it. It give me a few minutes to do the dishes or throw a load in or blog. Ok, mostly blog.)
7. The Office
8. Pushing Daisies
8 of my favorite Restaurants:
2. Cafe Rio
4. Texas Roadhouse
5. Red Robin
6. Souper Salad
7. Some Burros
8. Cousins Subs
8 things that happened yesterday (I'm expected to remember?):
1. We got the cutest hats my sis-in-law made us for Christmas in the mail (love, love, love the early Christmas gifts by the way Aubs)
2. Made a little boy cry
3. Made pumpkin waffles for dinner
4. Carried the laundry upstairs to fold, and never got around to it
5. Made cute hair clips for Myla
6. Went to Hobby Lobby
7. Cursed my car, Ms Frizzle, for being sick, then apologized to it, patted it on the dashboard and asked it to stay alive until Kevin graduates
8. Went to the midnight showing of Twilight. Yes, I'm crazy, I saw it...at midnight...with all the teeny-bops who wore "I Heart Edward" t-shirts and squealed everytime his face came on screen. Dawn, Nicki and I went. It was fun to hang out together. I have to say though, you know you're getting old when you think the Dad is hotter than the guy who is supposed to be the hottest guy on the planet.
8 things I am looking forward to:
1. Thanksgiving weekend...four whole days with Kev, no school and no work!
3. Kevin being finished with school
4. Finishing Myla's Christmas dress...it's being a beast right now and I want to give up.
5. Rachel's first b-day party tonight
6. Bradley coming over to play this morning
7. Winning the biggest loser contest...that's right, I'll be taking the pot y'all.
8. Gavin sleeping through the night. I've got serious bags under my eyes. Serious bags.
8 things on my wish list:
1. Gavin sleeping through the night.
3. Cupboards painted next weekend.
4. New stove. She's burning half my food and leaving the other half undone.
5. Someone to come clean my house for me. :)
6. Peace on earth
7. Happy vehicle
8. Gavin sleeping through the night. Did I already say that? Yeah, that's why I need him to sleep through the night. My memory is fading.
8 people I tag:
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Gavin smiling at Rachel.
This kids have been playing outside a lot more now that the weather is nice. One of their favorite things to do is draw with sidewalk chalk. This was the result yesterday...
And Cade's blue hands. It didn't only get on their hands of course...it got everywhere! Good thing chalk washes off easily.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I love what John McCain said last night in his concession speech:
"These are difficult times for our country. And I pledge to him (Barack Obama) tonight to do all in my power to help him lead us through the many challenges we face. I urge all Americans ... I urge all Americans who supported me to join me in not just congratulating him, but offering our next president our good will and earnest effort to find ways to come together to find the necessary compromises to bridge our differences and help restore our prosperity, defend our security in a dangerous world, and leave our children and grandchildren a stronger, better country than we inherited. Whatever our differences, we are fellow Americans. And please believe me when I say no association has ever meant more to me than that...
I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here. Americans never quit. We never surrender. We never hide from history. We make history. Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America."
And so I choose to hope.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
How can you not love aprons when they can be so dang cute?!
Ballerina Myla with Grandma Cat. Are ballerinas supposed to have pizza sauce on their face?