1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper. We bought a roll at Costco when we were first married and still have at least half of it left!
2. Real tree or artificial? Fake
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving4. When do you take the tree down? Oh, whenever we get around to it. I'm never in any hurry.
5. Do you like eggnog? Like it? No. LOVE IT!!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? pink bike
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? I have a couple, but the one I always use is a white miniature ceramic one my Grandma made me when I went away to college. She said I needed a little one for my little apartment. Funny story about it (I know this isn't part of it, but I love remembering): my roommates and I put up Christmas decorations one year and as we were setting up the tiny nativity scene my one roommate, Jessica, kept crowding all of the animals around baby Jesus. And I kept moving them back. I asked her why she was doing that and she said that the animals had to breathe on baby Jesus to keep him warm. I said, "Ewww no, they are just getting germs on the new baby!" So the rest of the season we waged a little friendly war on where the animals belonged. I think about that everytime I put it up, and now nudge one of the donkeys a little closer to baby Jesus...just in case he is a little cold. But not too close, we don't want germs on the baby. :)
8. Hardest person to buy for? Kevin's parents (any tips would be great!)
9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids. I love shopping for them!
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I've racked my brain and can't think of a bad Christmas gift I've received. You know, there are always clothes you don't like and stuff, but nothing horrible.
11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail! Kevin wants to email this year. No way!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I can only pick one?! Here's two: White Christmas and Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November. Oh wait, that's not true! This summer I started. Will you look at that? I didn't procrastinate that bad.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have, but I can't recall.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My parent's annual Christmas breakfast (with homemade biscuits and sausage gravy!) and divinity candy. Divinity is a must for Christmas. My grandma makes it the best, but I was finally successful in making it last year (after three years of failure). It just takes patience.
16 Clear lights or colored on the tree? This year colored!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night
18 Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home Christmas day, but head on up to UT Christmas night to see Kevin's family
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Sure! You know Dasher, and Dancer, and Prancer...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star (and sometimes a big bow too!)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Okay, Kevin and I have had this discussion many times. He is very much against opening anything before Christmas morning. I have a hard time waiting (yes, even as a grown woman). Growing up we always got to pick one present on Christmas Eve night. So we are still in negotiations....
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People who get so stressed out about Christmas that they just complain and don't enjoy it. Simplify! It's the most wonderful time of the year!
23. Favorite Christmas tradition? Driving around looking at Christmas lights, then going home and watching White Christmas while eating peppermint ice cream and huge candy cane sticks that we lick to get really sharp and poke each other with them. My mom always got hers sharp first.
24. Up early or sleeping in? The kids aren't old enough yet to get so excited that they wake up early. So we wake up when we usually do.
25. Who hands out the gifts? Kevin. And I am taking the pictures too DC
26. Does Santa wrap your gifts? A couple of them.
27. Do you tell the Christmas story? Yes, before we open the presents we read the Christmas story out of the bible. We have a couple of kids Christmas story books that the kids like to look at. They love pointing out baby Jesus.
28. Do you leave cookies for Santa? Not yet. Cade just barely figured Santa Claus out, so I think we might do it this year! How exciting!I'd love to hear about your Christmas traditions too. If you want to do this then TAG, you're it!